Old 08-09-2003, 06:12 PM
Mike Lyle

Default new thread alan titchmarsh subject

(BridgeP) wrote in message ...
In article ,
(Mike Lyle) writes:
[...]
are we content to have the public
informed about gardening by people whose prime qualification may not
be their gardening experience?

Sorry, but where does that come from. I don't know in detail what the
qualifications of the curent crop of presenteres but I think they have rather
more than most of us. This thread started of about AT. He is very experienced
I think.

[...]

Yes, absolutely; but it moved on to the general principle of selecting
presenters for their personal attractiveness. I don't much care what
their paper qualifications may be: I think I asked explicitly about
"people whose prime qualification may not be their gardening
experience".

Mike.