Old 08-09-2003, 06:22 PM
Pam

Default Help with Compost Tea

AnonnyMoose wrote:

I can buy gallon jugs of compost tea at local nurseries. How do I use it? Do
I dilute it or use it straight (I'd need a ton of it!)? Is application
foliar? How often do I apply?

Thanks.
karen

Most commercially prepared compost teas can be diluted by as much as ten times.
You can use it as a soil drench for fertilizer or to improve soil conditions or
as a foliar spray to address fungal problems and other disease issues. If you
are using it specifically for disease control, it is recommended that you reduce
the initial dilution to 2 or 3 and use weekly during the growing season. For
optimum results, it should be used as soon as possible after it is decanted from
the brewer, but certainly within 10-12 hours.

pam - gardengal