Old 08-09-2003, 07:12 PM
paghat

Default Garden Decorations

In article , "Gloria
Lenon" wrote:

Hey! I like my pink flamingoes! Of course they are in the backyard, not the
front. And my gnome is there too! Actually, they all are next to the pool
and keep the iguanas amused.

I have a lot of junk sitting out in my gardens or attached to trellises,
but I tend to avoid anything plastic or TOO tacky, though a brick with a
rat carved in it might look less ideal to some than to me. Apart from
rocks & logs & limbs that contribute to an artful chaos, such
human-manufactured stuff as this rusty old broken millstone meets my ideal
for garden knicknackery, & it was just something found in the sub-basement
when we bought the house:
http://www.paghat.com/knickknack4.html
The last sentence on that page addresses plastic flamingos.

-paghat the ratgirl

-from Peter Newell's "Wild Flowers"