Old 08-09-2003, 08:32 PM
Jim W

Default Orange buddleia?

GoldDustRhiannon wrote:

The house I'm moving to has what looks like an orange flowered buddleia; can
this be? I thought they were always purple or white?

Thanks
Lorraine

If its flowers are spherical and orange or yellow then its a B. globosa
cultivar . 'Orange Ball' and 'Lemon Ball' (what a surprise) They should
be pruned after flowering in summer. NOT first thing in spring.
If orange with pink and purple and halfway between 'normal' spires and
speherical then its x weyeranii.

If its plain spires and anything between white to deep mauve (eg
white/pink/red blueish etc) then its likly to be a B. davidii

If its not one of them and its outside it could be one of the more
exotic ones;-)

If you're near N London in the summer check out the Buddlia collection
at the Beale Arboretum.. Nice;-)
/
//
Jim