Old 09-09-2003, 12:02 AM
Salty Thumb

Default Quality of Top Soil That is Sold in Bulk

(Jay Chan) wrote in news:c7e5acb2.0309081049.4e2253a3
@posting.google.com:

I have a couple questions on top soil that is sold in bulk.

I bought a truck-load of top soil in bulk, and I spreaded it over my
lawn. When I saw it on the truck, it looked dark because it was wet.
Therefore, I thought it looked acceptable to me. But now when I
compare it to store-bought top soil from home center, they are quite
different:

Sounds more like "fill dirt" than "top soil". The two may or may not mean
the same thing depending on what industry the person you're talking to
works in.