Old 09-09-2003, 12:08 AM
Diane Mancino

Default Where is everyone?

We met every month with no meeting in august. I think your right about this
being a good time to attend a raffle or auction.
"Susan Erickson" wrote in message
On Mon, 08 Sep 2003 16:26:54 GMT, Steve wrote:

Steve wrote:
Well, before dark, I brought in the last of the orchids to the basement
growing areas. (Except the Odonts and Cymbidiums)........

Yikes!!! Just in time. The forecast suddenly says a low in the 20's for
the Adirondacks TONIGHT.
Most likely, my yard will escape freezing due the the lake being right
there but...
I think I'll throw a cover over the Cymbidiums and the tomato plants and
move the Odonts close to the house just in case.

Steve

Steve, Did you get the freeze? I would have covered the Odonts
and left the Cym's uncovered. Interesting. I have everything
in, it only went out to be able to clean the glass. But I have
come to the decision that some of it has to go. Things are too
tight. I wonder how many Orchid Societies have heavily loaded
sales tables this month for just that reason. I wish our society
met in the summer so I could move some things then.

Out of curiosity...
How many, who attend or belong to local societies, have summer
meetings? I don't mean gh tours where you visit a list of
homes and may or may not get together for a picnic at days end.
I mean a meeting where you can bring plants to trade or sell to
other society members.

SuE