Old 09-09-2003, 12:11 AM
Stephen Howard

Default [OT] Wasps. Help needed

On Mon, 8 Sep 2003 19:34:15 +0100, David Rance
wrote:

Considering I watched the wasps actually doing it for several days
before I acted there wasn't much doubt, I assure you. They didn't eat my
plums this year because there weren't any, but normally they do.

I'm with you there - with more than a couple of dozen Victoria plums
trees out back I'm painfully ( literally ) aware of how the little
buggers descend on the crop.
Initially I thought that they'd be happy to feed on the droppage (
they weren't ), and then I wondered whether this might be attracting
more wasps - so I tried keeping the ground clear.
No bloody change.
And don't they get arsey when the crop's finished!

Complete and utter failure of the crop this year.
Normally it runs in two year cycles - last year was a bumper year, so
I was half expecting a dismal year.... but I'm hard put to find more
than a dozen decent plums altogether.

But still, if you and your friend are not going to be convinced I'm not
wasting time on you! Maybe you're a wasp groupie! :-)

As good a euphemism as any

Regards,

http://www.shwoodwind.co.uk