Old 09-09-2003, 12:12 AM
jane

Default Horse manure again

On Mon, 08 Sep 2003 21:39:27 +0100, kk wrote:

~On Sun, 7 Sep 2003 14:18:20 +0000 (UTC),
wrote:
~
~Spurred on by the previous horsemanure thread, and having been used to
~paying for it (delivered admittedly) for the allotment,
~
~Is it worth driving and picking it up. I get five sq metre delivered
~to my Allotment for £22. It would cost me more than that in petrol to
~drive to the stable and back.

Probably not. I'll only see it as worthwhile because I *don't* then
have 5 cubic m of the stuff lurking about for years and I can actually
use my own compost heap rather than the next door neighbour's :-/
I only have half a standard plot and it's taken me two years to polish
off the last delivery (almost). That was cow, and never again...
waaay too heavy and sticky!* I reckon the advantage of a few bags at
once for me is I can back the car up to the plot, drop it off and
stick the bags right where I need them via the wheelbarrow.

I've only just found the source, so I dunno what it's like either, and
I forgot to phone tonight to arrange a pickup.

jane

*and thus responsible for my slipped disk last Feb - still stopping me
from doing much :-( and the last reason for small manageable bags!
--
jane

Mark Twain