Old 09-09-2003, 02:33 AM
claude rogers

Default new pond

Lets See, standard answer, put in lots of plants and wait for the pond to
cycle, yes that sucks, but that is what we are suppose to do. Now you can
do a large water change, but it will be green again soon, so don't. You can
treat with chemicals, but everyone here including me will tell you not to do
that, what I and some others do is to buy a uv filter and eliminate your
problem permanently. A couple questions for ya, how big is the pond, what
kind of filteration are ya using, how big is your pump if ya have one, I
will admit it is a little unusual for a pond to go green with nothing in it,
but it happens. Welcome aboard, don't feel alone we all been there......why
couldn't algae at least be a pretty purple or pink or some other color
besides green!!!!

"Anonymous" Nobody wrote in message
I've just built a new backyard pond and after about a week the water
suddenly turned murky green. From what I've gathered from reading some
of the posts here I guess the problem is single cell susspended algae.
Before I start putting plants and fish into the pond, can anyone steer
me in the right direction for a solution. I'm in the Los Angeles area
and the pond is in full sun...and it's been hot! Thanks to all from a
newbie.

News==----

Newsgroups

=---