Old 09-09-2003, 03:14 AM
Mickey

Default Anyone here use a liquid fertilizer in there pond?

No thank you. If there are any phosphate in there you are asking for an
algae bloom. The liquid stuff I make has nitrates, potassium, calcium, and
iron my aquarium plants love it and has not killed my fish.

"Ted" wrote in message
I just throw in one of those large plant spikes for evergreens. It is

close
to water plant fertilizer that costs more. For potted plants I use the
small spikes for tomatoes....

"Mickey" wrote in message
I have the dry ingredients and make liquid fertilizer for my planted
aquariums. Does anyone use liquid fertilizer for their ponds ? My water
lettuce does not seem to be growing like expected. I also have a few

pieces
of duckweed that have not taken off to multiply into
3,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 so I figure something is missing the

plants
need. I guess I could pull out the test kits I use for the aquariums and
check it out.