Old 09-09-2003, 04:40 AM
TZ

Default What 15 watt bulb to use?

what kind of fish are in the tank?
I kind of like the 50/50 bulbs, which give a mix
of daylight and actnic blue. looks really good
for bluish tinted fish, and is not too bright for shy fish
which don't want extreme daylight nooner tanks.

TZ

"Jimbo" wrote in message
Hi:

I'm setting up a new "low light" 10 gal. aquarium and was wondering what
bulb would be best to use. I'm going to use a 15 watt flourescent with a
standard hood with no glass between the water and bulb. Tank will have
flourite substrate and full of "low light" plants. Any suggestions?

Thanks
much... you guys and gals are very great... "Long time lurker"

Jimbo