Old 09-09-2003, 08:13 AM
Malcolm Ogilvie

Default Horsetails.

In article , Nick Maclaren
writes
In article ,
Malcolm Ogilvie wrote:

[*] It is arrogant and offensive because it is based on the premise
that the Great Unwashed British Public are too stupid to learn to
use Latin names

I wonder how many urglers use scientific names, putting those who don't
into your decidedly "offensive" category of "the Great Unwashed British
Public" who are "too stupid" to learn to use them. How charming :-(

Thank you for misquoting me.

I quoted two uncut paragraphs from your post.

If you were a serious gardener, or even a regular denizen of this
:group, you would know that most people use whatever language they
feel appropriate for the context.

Oh dear, insults and ignorance now. I am both a serious gardener and a
regular denizen of this newsgroup. Just as are a great many people who
never ever post here.

Stop trying to be so dictatorial.

That from you!! I like it!

And try posting a few items on
gardening.

I have done and doubtless will again, though not, I suspect, at your
command.

--
Malcolm Ogilvie