Old 09-09-2003, 01:12 PM
Martin Sykes

Default Is this Bleeding Heart?

My mother-in-law gave me this plant which she called 'Bleeding Heart'. I
know bleeding heart is Dicentra and this isn't it. I thought she may have
got it mixed up with Amaranthus (Love-lies-bleeding) but now it has flowers
I can see that's not it either. Can anyone identify this from the flowers:

http://www.users.globalnet.co.uk/~sy...edingHeart.jpg

It's about 4-5ft tall at the moment and the flowers hang about 4-5 inches.
They start off as a small cluster of 4 flowers and as they die off, a new
set of 4 flowers emerges from the centre and so on. They've also started
producing more flowers from the base of the chain.

Thanks,

Martin