Old 09-09-2003, 03:12 PM
animaux

Default Help with Compost Tea

I don't buy it, I make my own, and yes, I use it the day it's ready. It takes
about 36 hours to brew and I make it when I know I'll have time to use it when
it's finished.

On Mon, 8 Sep 2003 15:03:40 -0700, "AnonnyMoose"
opined:

Well, it sells, like you say, for about five dollars a gallon. You bring
your own jug and save a few cents. They fill it from the contraption it's
"cooking" in.

So, do you have to use all of it within a few days? Does it die if some is
left in the jug for a week or so?

karen

"animaux" wrote in message
.. .
Not all compost tea is the same. The state of the art tea is made

aerobically.
The aerobic tea made at my favorite garden center:

http://www.naturalgardeneraustin.com/

...sells it for 5 dollars per gallon, 6 if they have to supply the jug.

When diluted it can cover 7500 square feet. What you are doing is adding
beneficial organisms to soil, and leaf surfaces to prevent and in many

cases
cure certain diseases and pest infestations.

If the compost tea they sell has been on the shelf for a while, it is not
aerobic tea. It also probably has some sort of bacterial suppressant so

the
bottle doesn't explode from the organism growth.

That said, what type can you buy?

On Mon, 8 Sep 2003 09:47:25 -0700, "AnonnyMoose"
opined:

I can buy gallon jugs of compost tea at local nurseries. How do I use it?

Do
I dilute it or use it straight (I'd need a ton of it!)? Is application
foliar? How often do I apply?

Thanks.
karen

"Tom Jaszewski" wrote in message
.. .
On Mon, 8 Sep 2003 04:18:33 -0400, "Fito"
wrote:

THE GARDEN WEB INFO IS JUST PLAIN WRONG AND CONTRARY TO ALL
TESTING!!!!

www.soilfoodweb.com