Old 09-09-2003, 05:22 PM
Jim Seidman

Default Overdriving NO tubes

"Mort" wrote in message . com...
Just a little FYI... I tried doing this tonight, I had everything set up.
The stupid lamp holders take 18GA wire. I was so ticked! I went with 14GA
which was too big. =|

And you want to get 18GA solid wire. If you get stranded, then you'd
have to use solder to tin the ends to actually get them into the
endcaps.

Oh, but if your ballast is going to be external to the fixture, you
want stranded wire between the ballast and the fixture, or else it'll
eventually break from being moved. So then you'd want to use wirenuts
to connect the stranded wire to the solid inside the fixture.

Of course, none of these details were discussed on any of the sites I
researched. :-)

- Jim