Old 09-09-2003, 05:32 PM

Default Snakes in the Garden

On Tue, 09 Sep 2003 12:33:48 GMT, Phisherman wrote:
We have occasional black (rat) snakes. These snakes are big--up to 6
feet long. One wound around a dieffenbachia to the top. These snakes
eat copperheads, rats, moles. and other pests. I've seen 3 copperhead
snakes on my property in 12 years, but many more black widow spiders
which are more dangerous. Learn to identify snakes, most are very
beneficial. Watch where you put your hands and where you step and you
will propbably never have a worry. They don't want to be in your
house, but you can help by keeping the doors closed and tight. Many
folks have a natural fear of snakes; something I never understood.

If you can't understand it then you're not trying very hard. Try
evolution. Which is more likely, that we would evolve to recoil from
any snake until we're sure it isn't poisonous, or that we would treat
is as friendly until proven otherwise? That's why its called a
natural fear, even though some people can overcome that fear.

Swyck