Old 09-09-2003, 07:32 PM
D Kat

Default Can a maple survive with half day sun ?

Sounds as if you have more than enough sun for it IMO. DK

"JW" wrote in message
m...
I have a 10 feet Red sunset maple in a pot that I would like to plant
at the south west side of my house to be used as a shade tree, you
know to shade the house from the afternoon sun. My question is if I
plant the tree in the intended location, the tree only gets the sun
from noon to sunset, can it survive on this kind of condition ?

Appreciate if any expert in this group can share their experience.