Old 09-09-2003, 09:12 PM
JW

Default Can a maple survive with half day sun ?

Thanks for responding to my question. It must be sad to cut down a
beautiful tree. Could you tell me how close was the tree to your house
? I plan to plant it 15 feet from the house. Can't go any further
because my lot is kind of small and I don't want to place the tree
where it would intrude into my neighbours territory, creating some
other problems.

How long did it take for your red maple to grow into such a large tree
? I plan
to stay in the present house for may be another 15 years.

I'm no expert but I had one in similar situation. I say "had" because it
got so big it threatened the house and I had to cut it down.
Frank