Old 09-09-2003, 10:04 PM
Frogleg

Default baseball field lawn

Siberian Husky wrote:

Watching baseball games in these days, I am curious how the baseball
fields made some 'strips' or 'squares' on the field. Do people use
different grass seeds, or they 'comb' the grass in different
directions?

I ask this quesion only because I'm curious.

Check Google groups for threads on 'lawn striper' this past spring.

D Kat has given a very nice reference on actual baseball lawns.

I think even regular ol' mowing will supply, for a short time,
something of the fancy effect. My lawn was mowed diagonally a couple
of times, and for a day or 2, it looked quite distinctive. However,
the professional effect is apparently done by mowers with rollers.