Old 09-09-2003, 10:27 PM
Franz Heymann

Default Articles on my site

"anne" wrote in message

Culturalenigma wrote in message
I don't think you'll get much free info given to be honest. It's your
website afterall. I understand where you are coming from, but it might

be
better to advertise on the site itself for articles and I'm sure that

in
time "fans" of your site will gladly send you articles. I wish you all

the
best.

I've had some hits - I'm not really looking for "free info", just if

anyone
wanted to submit gardening articles.

I will say this though - I love to garden. I love to design gardens. I
like to look at them, weed them, sit in them and read in them. I like
having my hands in the dirt and smelling the earth. It's a miracle that

so
many wonders can come from a well planned or even a poorly thought out
garden. Each one can be a miracle into itself. I consider myself a
gardener.

All that being said, I find that this group (with exceptions, you know

who
you are, you have not been mean towards me) is terribly mean and

uninviting.
I had no idea that I would be made to feel so unwelcome simply for being

fan of someone. It isn't even that I got upset that you weren't fans of

who
I was, it was the remarks and comments and assumptions made.

So - I'll head back over to the NG's that I do post at and simply stay
there. Apparently I'm not good enough for this one.

To those of you who were nice to me or who just weren't crappy towards

me
thank you.

Happy gardening, "whatever the weather".

Tracie

Tracie, I feel the same as you re this group. I think there are too many
"know alls" fighting to impress with latin (or is it greek) names and

their
"vast" knowledge. It isn't a friendly group for a gardening newbie I

agree,
or even for a part time gardener. 50% at least of posts end up

argumentative
because the regulars *have* to prove their knowlege and how good they are
and so friendliness goes out of the window.

It's fine for info but not for passing the time of day as it were. I sit
here thinking dare I ask that question, is it too simplistic etc. There

are
other UK based message boards that are more friendly and not so

competitive.

When you asked for articles for your website, I knew you had no chance

from
here - they think they are an elite bunch above you and me.

It doesn't even stop at gardening either, we *have* to post correctly too.
Left right left right all in line! It's quite amusing really how people

can
be so straight laced, closed minded and pedantic too.

I have been participating in this ng for only a few months and my general
impression is totally different from yours.
Yes, there are a small number of participants who behave like you say. They
are, however, a small minority.
I have made a number of friends amongst the urglers and have had very
valuable advice in response to stupid questions asked by me. You should not
be afraid of asking elementary questions. You will soon find out who to
ignore and who to engage with.

As to your objection to playing the game by the rules, there I have no
sympathy for you. In any communal activity, there are rules of good
behaviour. The rules in this ng are identical with those in any other ng,
and they all exist very simply to keep the logical flow of the threads in a
state which would make a thread easy to follow, even if you jump into the
middle of one.

Franz