Old 09-09-2003, 11:15 PM
Kay Easton

Default Articles on my site

In article , anne
writes

I'm still not convinced Franz, I think your face has to fit here. You are
without doubt far more knowledgeable than I am re the gardening subject. If
you notice, most people turn up with a question and then disappear. I think
some of those disappear because the conversation is too technical (if that's
the right word). I've asked a few questions and some have been ignored
completely.

We're not an advice panel! Nobody is obliged to answer your questions.
If I don't answer your questions, it's because I don't know the answer,
or I know the answer but have answered the same question so many times
I'm bored of it and think someone else can have a go, or because I'm
reading quickly and don't have the time or inclination to answer. I
certainly don't pick out questions from an 'in group'.

I've been on here longer than most posters, and post quite heavily, and
yet some of my questions don't get answered.

I feel as if the regs here are really only interested in
questions from eachother - then out comes the knowledge and very deep
discussions etc (then competition on who knows the most) which alienates
those who don't have a degree in horticulture or whatever it is you have a
degree in.

well, I'm sorry it alienates you, but urg does have some knowledgeable
people, and we can all learn from them. The people who are answering the
questions have to get some benefit from being on urg (we all can choose
whether we stay or not) and certainly my reason for staying and
answering questions is because I learn so much from urg.

I agree with you that it's only polite to try and follow the rules of the
group, but they way the rules are implimented here can be down right rude in
some cases.

And so can the way in which some people announce that they do not wish
to follow the rules!

Sometimes it seems as if the regulars ar not allowed to be rude to
newbies, but newbies can be as rude and offensive as they like to
regulars.
--
Kay Easton

Edward's earthworm page: