Old 10-09-2003, 03:46 AM
Sprog

Default Bay Tree

Bay trees grow to about 12m high by 10m wide in the ground if left un pruned.
They are slow growing. If you grow it in a 30cm pot it will restrict the
height to about 1.5m.

"Wanda" wrote:

Thanks for your response Justin. How old is your bay tree? Is it in the
ground or in a pot? Do you have any idea of how quickly bay trees grow?

"justin milton" wrote in message
hi ,
I use my bay leaves straight from the tree, but when its time to prune it,

just put the leaves in a paper bag and into the pantry.The leaves dry

really
well on their own.
"Wanda" wrote in message
Actually it's little more than a seedling, it's about 5cm high dwarfed

by
large glazed blue pot ... Is it necessary to dry bayleaves out before

using
them in cooking? What's the best method of drying them out? My

stepmother
used to dry flowers by tying a bundle of flower stems at their base &
hanging them upside down in the converted garage or I used to have a
housemate who would dry his home grown mull on alfoil in the oven...