Old 10-09-2003, 04:28 AM
Ted Byers

Default Wish List

Claude,

For Canadian vendors, generally, you may want to visit the Canadian Orchid Congress at :

http://www.canadianorchidcongress.ca/

For Phal hybrids, you want to see Ralph at

http://www.arjayorchids.com/

Ralph specializes in phal hybrids. He has no interest in selling phal species or other genera (though I am sure he has one or two specimens from other genera).

Doug and Terry often have very impressive plants of many orchid genera including Phals. You can reach them at:

http://www.orchidsinourtropics.com

I have not bought any of theirs, though, because they didn't have the species I wanted, and at the time, I wasn't looking for the hybrids they had. But I know they have excellent plants because I routinely visit their display table at the SOOS meetings.

You may also want to talk to Howard at Bedford - MFC Orchids. You can reach him at:

http://www.bedfordorchids.com

On his site, especially, you will find a wealth of information. Again, I know him only by reputation, and the guys that DO have the stuff I look for (who, alas, don't have websites) have recommended him. Where in Canada are you?

For Phal violecea `Gulfsteam Blue` JC/AOS, you may have to wait until next year because the only place I have found it in North America that has it and they only have a few specimens. They are propagating them and hope to have some for sale next year, and, in talking to the guys I buy species specimens from, we will likely bring some in when they become available. Of course, if Murphy strikes, the wait may be a little longer. The vendor will export, but has a minimum order requirement, so my suppliers, being dealers, will easily be able to order far more than the vendor's minimum export order, and one of them will piggy-back my order on theirs. Alas, I can't give their email address, in part because I have had some computer troubles lately and have yet to recover email I had sent or received before last Friday. But, if you're interested, send me the email address you normally use and I will forward it to them so they can make contact. I am sure that one or the other of them has had the items on your wish list at one time or another.

Alas, I know only a handful of people, and they are in either southern Ontario or in Montreal. Sorry I can't be of more help.

HTH

Ted

"Claude" wrote in message ...
Helo everyone!

Now that a new season has just begun, here is my plant wish list for this year. If anyone know where I can get those plants in Canada, please let me know.