Old 10-09-2003, 06:22 AM
Phrederik

Default Will Buffalo grass start in existing lawn?

Hey all!

It's about that time of year, when overseeding and such is being done. My
lawn was a nice shade of brown for most of the year here in Calgary (zone
3A) because of the lack of moisture and some fairly high temperatures.

I was thinking about adding some buffalo grass to the lawn since it take a
bit more for it to go dormant.

If I overseed my fescue/kentucky lawn with buffalo grass seed, will the
buffalo grass come in?

....still trying to figure out what I can do to have a nicer lawn without
having to resort to lots of watering or chemicals, etc.

Thanks!