Old 10-09-2003, 09:21 AM
Martin Sykes

Default Bottle Garden

"Peter Goddard" wrote in message
Back in the sixties my Mother had a bottle garden in a large glass Carboy.
She had it for many years and never had to water, feed or maintain it.

I managed to buy a carboy for a fiver at the local car boot sale and now
hope to recreate the bottle garden. Does anyone have any suggestions for
suitable plants? Or any tips (other than forgetting the bottle garden and
making booze in it....)

I didn't have much luck with my terrarium but I do remember you need to mix
plenty of charcoal into the compost to stop all the recycled water getting
stagnant.
Martin