Old 10-09-2003, 10:32 AM
Shell91

Default Slightly OT...Tillandsias Question

Thanks for the information. I think I'm down to using pantyhose and a nice
piece of wood. I plan on keeping the tillandsia inside so if the squirrels
get after it I really would have a problem We have red squirrels and
grey ones.

Shell

"Diana Kulaga" wrote in message
ink.net...
One of the substances that will not bother the Tillandsias is Liquid Nails
(a number of Tillie growers in this area swear by the stuff). Elmer's

Glue
is another. We have used both with great results, in conjunction with the
above mentioned pantyhose strips or thin telephone wire (from a cable

which
contains multiple wires).

My husband has two lengths of driftwood covered with Tillies, and we have
other bromies growing elsewhere. They're pretty hardy, unless the

squirrels
or racoons decide to munch on them.

Diana