Old 10-09-2003, 11:03 AM
Victoria Clare

Default Is this Bleeding Heart?

"Martin Sykes" wrote in
:

Yes its Leycestria formosa, the Pheasant Berry or Himalyan
Honeysuckle.

Thanks Jim and Kate. I think it could do with moving before next year
though. It's currently planted where my border goes down to 2ft deep
so It'll probably need a bit more room.

I have it growing on a steep bank, and on shallow rocky soil: it gets to
around 6-7 feet there, so it's pretty tough. Be careful where you put it:
it's a bit invasive (at least, it is here) and the birds will spread the
seeds all over.

Luckily the seedlings are distinctive and easy to weed, and the birds
really like the berries, so it's worth having.

Victoria