Old 10-09-2003, 11:12 AM
Pickle

Default Is this Bleeding Heart?

"Victoria Clare" wrote in message
. 240.11...
"Martin Sykes" wrote in
:

Yes its Leycestria formosa, the Pheasant Berry or Himalyan
Honeysuckle.

Thanks Jim and Kate. I think it could do with moving before next year
though. It's currently planted where my border goes down to 2ft deep
so It'll probably need a bit more room.

I chop mine right back in the autumn after the birds have finished the
berries, to about 2 feet high. It comes back every year as good as ever.
Mine's in a mixed shrub border in a gap about 3 ft wide.