Old 10-09-2003, 12:02 PM
Frank Logullo

Default Can a maple survive with half day sun ?

(JW) wrote in message . com...
Thanks for responding to my question. It must be sad to cut down a
beautiful tree. Could you tell me how close was the tree to your house
? I plan to plant it 15 feet from the house. Can't go any further
because my lot is kind of small and I don't want to place the tree
where it would intrude into my neighbours territory, creating some
other problems.

How long did it take for your red maple to grow into such a large tree
? I plan
to stay in the present house for may be another 15 years.

It was a maple, but don't think it was a red maple. Important thing
is you consider ultimate size of tree in relation to your house.
Google indicates red maple will be 40-60 ft in 25 years. My tree was
healthy but I had to trim one limb that was scraping garage roof and
tree got so big, I was concerned that if it fell, it could cause
considerable damage to house.
Frank