Old 10-09-2003, 12:21 PM
Janet Tweedy

Default tree recommendations wanted

In article , Kay Easton
writes

I really don't know what was up with your mulberry. They're not known to
be fast growing and mine certainly isn't,

But you saw my giant tree! Having cropped it to a stump of 5 foot (it
now looks like an elephant upside down in the lawn due to it's four
stems) it grows 7 - 10 foot shoots from all over every year. Slow
growing? HAH! ........................

and no trouble with rotting
fruit - it's too delicious and gets eaten straight away. Not at all the
insipid berries you've described.

Ah but grown from a seed of course there's no knowing the quality of
the fruit, as in apples etc. (She says knowingly, having reached this
conclusion over the last 15 years it took the tree to reach 30foot and
start breaking at every conceivable point))

janet
--
Janet Tweedy
Dalmatian Telegraph