Old 10-09-2003, 12:36 PM
Sacha

Default Articles on my site

in article , Victoria Clare
at wrote on 10/9/03 11:14 am:

Kay Easton wrote in news:RrhF6BPoVkX
:

What I don't understand is why people who don't like urg hang around
rather than just decide urg isn't for them and go to another group.

urg-o-holism?

Curate's egg syndrome?

People here are sometimes rude, nasty or argumentative.
This pretty much equates to my experience of people in general. In fact, I
can't think of any forum or situation where people are always nice.

It's horrible if Anne thinks she can't pile in and talk about something
just because she doesn't know much about it. I talk about things I know
very little about all the time. If you don't, you never know if the other
participants really know their stuff, or if they are making it up!

If a poster particularly annoys you, you can always imagine them with
really bad piles, or even that 'killfile' is literally accurate...

:-p

Victoria

I don't think not being a knowledgeable gardener has ever been a bar to
posting on urg - never, ever, in fact. I do think we've had posters who are
new to the group who appear to think it has to snap to quickly and answer
THEM immediately (I'm not suggesting this is Anne, BTW) and that makes some
of the 'older' posters a bit tetchy.
But my experience of urg is a fairly long one and I think that on the whole,
people are friendly, helpful and informative. But like people everywhere,
if someone is rude or unpleasant, impatient or selfish, they'll get the cold
shoulder they would get in any other circumstances.
I've met quite a few of the longer term posters in my time and have liked
all of them. One of these days - but not this year - I hope we can host
another meet here and make new urg friends, too.
And as more than one of us has said one here on occasion - if you don't know
the answer, there are no stupid questions!
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk