Old 10-09-2003, 01:42 PM
animaux

Default Help with Compost Tea

On Tue, 09 Sep 2003 09:29:25 -0700, (paghat)
opined:

In two posts ,
screamed & scribbled:

I've come to the conclusion when this newsgroup is relatively quiet, someone
will post something verbose and ignorant to get the hackles up with people who
know the information, and who actually are professionals in the horticulture
industry. [snip contentless tirade] not the way it's being described in
the hugely snipped troll. I guess it got too quiet in here.

I think, as I told Pam, nobody was paying any attention to the baby and

the baby
had to stir her stink.

Tch tch. When someone has not a leg to stand on & has read nothing
whatsoever beyond some advertising claims, all they can do is resort to
"you're a stinky baby!"

I said nobody was paying any attention to the baby and the baby had to stir her
stink.

or pretend that professional retailing is
horticulture, or respond to specific & valid information with citation of
source as "ignorant!" "troll!"

I was a professional grower. I was not merely in retail, I ran an entire 10
acre garden center, head to toe. This is another of your come back type
phrases. And you are an ignorant troll IMO.

Attempting that feeby to counter the ACTUAL
field studies & research of ACTUAL horticultural professors who are
careful to sort out what is myth from what is valid in amateur organic
horticultural practices with nothing more rational than "ignorant stinky
baby!" reflects badly on no one but yourself. Having reality on my side I
don't have to resort to the contentless childishness of just calling you a
trolly stinky ignorant infant.

Here you go. A nice base for a flame party. Nobody falls for your shit any
more. Many people don't find you quaint or intelligent any more. And you are
ignorant, IMO

So for now you're angrily committed to not sorting out what little is
beneficial from the larger sales pitch the science does not support.
Perhaps when you get over having your illusions shattered you'll actually
read the research & see that it is quite different from the promo
literature.

Yeah, yeah. You are better than everyone else on the planet. You read the
science. Yeah, yeah. Bla, bla.

It IS interesting to see, though, that the anti-organic people who just
LOVE chemicals are not always wrong about greenies not caring what is
true. Fortunately most of the greenies I hang with do know the difference
between evidence & a sales pitch & likely had their doubts about this
latest fad. It IS a tragedy that the science doesn't support more than one
out of ten of the wild claims for compost tea, but there it is, & you can
put your head in the sand & call your betters names till the cows come
home, but in this case (to put it at the intellectual level you're capable
of) I'm right, you're wrong, neener.

-paggers

It's not the latest fad. It's been going on for well over a decade. Go stir
your stink pot. You are like the old lady who sits at the window, watching the
world go by and calling the cops whenever something happens which you don't
agree with.

Here's an idea. Don't make aerobic compost tea. Wow, what a concept. Nobody is
forcing anything down your throat. Don't like the station, change the channel.

"In the peer-reviewed literature...field-tested compost tea reported no
difference in disease control between compost tea & water." [Linda
Chalker-Scott, PhD, University of Washington horticulturalist]

Okay, so don't use it. How is it hurting you? I make no false claims. I've
seen plants turn around and get well, where it should have died. Increase in
biota populations in soil positively does indeed help with nutrient uptake as a
result of the process between the symbiotic relationship, plant to biota.

Like I said, don't use it. Use your freedom to avoid it. You are always
miserable. This is no different than any other time.