Old 10-09-2003, 04:02 PM
Ghazanfar Ghori

Default Weird Algae Help

Manually remove as much as you can and increase your
nitrates. That should help getting rid of it. Its a relativly easy
algae to get rid of.

-
ghazanfar ghori

"Connor Maltsberger" wrote in message
I recently have had this weird sort of algae growing on the leaves of
many of my plants in my 30g planted tank. As far as I can tell from
internet resources it is 'staghorn' algae, which i have never heard of
- appearently none of the LFS people have heard of it either. its
kind of thread-like and branches out like antlers at different points.
Anyhow, it seems to be taking over many of my plants and I am unsure
of how to combat it. I was sold some 'headstand' tetras by one LFS
who swore to me they would eat the damn stuff, but so far i have not
seen a noticeable difference... Should I stop supplying nutrients or
fertilizers to my plants??? what should i do? Any advice would be
greatly appreciated...

Connor