Old 10-09-2003, 04:02 PM
Jaques d'Altrades

Default Bottle Garden

The message
from "Peter Goddard" contains these words:

Back in the sixties my Mother had a bottle garden in a large glass Carboy.
She had it for many years and never had to water, feed or maintain it.

I managed to buy a carboy for a fiver at the local car boot sale and now
hope to recreate the bottle garden. Does anyone have any suggestions for
suitable plants? Or any tips (other than forgetting the bottle garden and
making booze in it....)

Be very careful when choosing. Many plants are sold as 'dwarf' when they
have just been treated with a growth-inhibiting hormone. Once free of it
and away they go!

Probably the best bet would be some small alpines. My guess anyway. I
use my two carboys for - guess what?

Hic!

--
Frère Jaques
They knocked the Bell down and erected a charade of pops.