Old 10-09-2003, 06:02 PM
The Devil's Advocate

Default sweet peas from seed

RichardS wrote:
: "Pam Moore" wrote in message
: ...
:: On Tue, 09 Sep 2003 09:21:34 GMT, juliepacker
:: wrote:
::
::: Hi
:::
::: I am a bit of a garden newbie, so could do with some advise. Have
::: decided to atempt to grow sweet peas from seed.
::
:: I always soak mine overnight in cold water and I never bother
:: planting them until Spring. I don't grow to exhibit and the results
:: are good enough for me. I think the idea behind Autumn sowing is to
:: get a
:: really strong root system, hence the special "root trainers" they are
:: grown in. Too much of a fag!
::
:: Pam in Bristol
:
:
: Hmm "root trainers" - can you expand on this at all, please?
:
: Having read this thread it had just given me an idea to try it this
: year (hadn't heard of it before), but if special pots are necessary
: then they can wait until spring!!!
:
: Oh, are there any organic ways to beat the dreaded mildew?
:
: many thanks
: Richard

The way I sow them is three to a decent size pot, say 9" and some longer
pots if you can get them. I don'[t grow for show so I just plant the
contents of the pots along the trellis and it works fine for me

Robert The Devil's Advocate www.pafc.co.uk