Old 10-09-2003, 07:22 PM
levittd

Default Chlorophytum sp.

"RedForeman ©®" wrote in message
totally submersed, or just with roots in the water?? I grow them with just
roots in the water in almost every window of my house, and come to think

of
it, I've even seen some bettas in some bowls with spiders on the top...
Aren't the roots toxic to fish?

The plants are fully submersed. I'm not sure about the toxicity, I haven't
found any info that would suggest they're dangerous (no data suggesting
otherwise either, though). I've seen those betta bowls with peace lilies in
them, I heard those are toxic but I'm not sure about spiders. When I put the
plants in the water I just expected them to die, despite what my friend
said, but so far results seem to be ok. I'm debating putting a neon or
something in the tank just to see how it does, but the tank isn't cycled or
anything so if it died I couldn't be sure enough about the cause. Although I
imagine a single neon would take a while to produce enough ammonia in 10
gallons of water to kill itself, as long as I fed it carefully so as to
avoid uneaten food.
levittd