Old 10-09-2003, 08:32 PM
bnd777

Default Golden Bamboo again

"PK" wrote in message
I've posted a couple of times recently about this. specifically how mine
after years of nice clumping decided to do a "Day of the Triffids" and
invade most of SW19.

Well, in Cornwall on hols I visited a Japanese garden/nursery (St

Mawgan???)
with a good selection of books on bamboo.

According to one of which books, Golden Bamboo is a reliable clump former

in
colder climates ('twas a US book and gave US zone numbers) but tends

toward
rampant invader in hotter climates.

Maybe it was the long hot summer than gave mine its itchy feet!

Any one with any similar experience?

pk

PS (I didn't buy the book but did buy some other things so don't feel too
guilty!)

-- I would love to have one of your rampant offshoots

maybee you would like either one of my 2 different bamboos