Old 10-09-2003, 10:03 PM
Nic O'Demus

Default Wasp nest between watercourse and public right of way. What to do?

"Chris Hogg" wrote in message
On Tue, 9 Sep 2003 22:33:36 +0100, "Nic O'Demus"
wrote:

Last Sunday evening I

......snip......

You need do nothing. If the wasps have been there all summer without
harming anyone, it's unlikely they'll do so in the next few weeks.
After that they'll all be dead from natural causes. Wasps die in the
Autumn. See the earlier thread on wasps.

--
Chris

Thats what I have decided. I telephoned the council and spoke to a young
lady who deals with
public footpaths and reported the problem. Also sent them a letter to the
same effect. I don't need an irate walker blaming me for being stung. By the
time (if ever) the council take any action the problem will have gone
through its natural course.
My thanks to those who replied to my original post with constructive
replies, which have given me enough info to make a reasonably informed
decision.
My apologies for perhaps stirring up more than a wasp nest.

Thanks again
Nic