Old 10-09-2003, 11:12 PM
Shell91

Default Snakes in the Garden

Yep, snakes can crawl up just about anything. Poor fish.
Shell

"Stephen M. Henning" wrote in message
news
"Shell91" wrote:

I'm thinking seriously about digging a small trench and setting the new
fence in concrete. It might help although I've seen snakes climbing

trees
around here.

I have a large lily pond and am in the process of cleaning it out and
making repairs. The deep end of the pond is 8' deep. After I drained
it, a snake crawled down the corner at the deep end. It wedged its body
in the corner and just casually crawled down this vertical wall. We
didn't see it crawl out, but saw it after it did crawl out. When we
picked it up to look at it, and about 4 small fish came out its mouth.
It had just crawled into the pool for lunch. Now I know why the small
fish never got any bigger. They never lived long enough.

--
Pardon my spam deterrent; send email to

http://home.earthlink.net/~rhodyman