Old 11-09-2003, 12:07 AM
*muffin*

Default yanking out greenery in prep for winter

I decided to start yanking out most of my floaters etc before the weather
turned COLD here & didn't have that much to do when the water turned frosty.
(my pond was 85% covered)
(I will post pics in a day or so,,,, )
the lilies are still blooming etc so I can't pull them yet. I was
surprised at how much the anacharis grew !! I planted 6" to 10" pieces & it
was almost 4 ' !! I thought I read it HAS to have sunlight to grow,, & no
way did it have sun where it was planted........

anyway my question (btw I am in zone 5 NE Ohio).

the fish seem to hover under the lily leaves now,, what do you guys do, if
anything for the winter when it is BARE?? do the poor little darlins' just
have to live with open sky???

& HOW late in the season do you wait to pull the last lily from the pond??
( I do know it has snowed here the 1st week in oct, sometimes,)I want it to
last,(the lilies),,, but , darn I don't want to freeze my tush off!