Old 11-09-2003, 01:26 AM
Michael Berridge

Default Bottle Garden

Peter Goddard wrote in message ...
Back in the sixties my Mother had a bottle garden in a large glass

Carboy.
She had it for many years and never had to water, feed or maintain it.

I managed to buy a carboy for a fiver at the local car boot sale and

now
hope to recreate the bottle garden. Does anyone have any suggestions

for
suitable plants? Or any tips (other than forgetting the bottle garden

and
making booze in it....)

Probably better to choose foliage plants rather than flowering ones, I
seem to remember that peperomia and marantas are often used., you also
need to ensure that it gets plenty of light, and that the plants will be
happy in a very humid atmosphere.

Mike
www.british-naturism.org.uk