Old 11-09-2003, 05:38 AM
Bruce Sinclair

Default "Seeds of discontent"

In article , (Mike) wrote:
Seeds of discontent
U.S. farmers are worried that a new global agreement that would govern
the way they raise and sell crops would include too many compromises
with other countries, benefiting overseas competitors.
http://www.washtimes.com/business/20...2459-3515r.htm

US farmers are worried ? ... LOL. They're some of the most protected and
subsdised farmers around (with the europeans). I'd like to think they should
be a bit worried ... but doubt they have any real cause for 'concern' in the
medium to long term. Agricultural competition ? ... we wish

Bruce

Oook !
NOTE remove the not_ from the address to reply. NO SPAM !