Old 11-09-2003, 06:42 AM
Steve

Default HPS bulb question

I suppose it's possible it's just a matter of lost intensity. Really
extreme if so. If I hold my hand up to hide the MH bulb from my eyes, I
can look right at the HPS bulb without hurting my eyes. (not that I look
for more than a brief moment.)
I guess it doesn't really matter. My next step is to buy a new bulb or 2
no matter what. It's just that when my MH bulbs have died, they just
burned out without an intensity drop that was obvious to the eye. This
HPS bulb can't be putting out more than 10% of what it should.

Steve

Dewitt wrote:

MH and HPS bulbs lose intensity over time and should be replaced every
12 - 18 months. It's hard to see by eye, but if you check the
intensity with a light meter when the bulb is new and then after 12
months, you will see quite a drop.

deg