Old 11-09-2003, 07:10 AM
Thomas Prufer

Default Horseradish

On Wed, 10 Sep 2003 02:25:56 +0100, "Xebug"
wrote:

We have a fair bit of horseradish coming through in our garden. Does anybody
have any tips on getting rid of it? Will the stuff on the lawn go away
eventually if it just keeps getting mowed?

As I've been considered which part of the garden I'd like to have
taken over, I've been googling horseradish a bit. One recommendation
is to eat the leaves as salad, using those that are 3" and smaller.
Continually removing the leaves weakens the plant, so the poster said,
and eventually it might weaken the root. Mowing would be much the same
thing...

Anyway, an everlasting ineradicable salad is less of a nuisance than
an everlasting ineradicable condiment, I suppose.

Thomas Prufer