Old 11-09-2003, 12:32 PM
Gene Schurg

Default Dendrobium

Shell,

I doubt that is is a community pot from Lowes. Look closely...are you sure
its not one plant that has numerous pseudobulbs? Many of the smaller
dendrobiums will fill a pot with small pseudobulbs and to a casual observer
would look like a compot.

If you divide it up you may have to wait several years before you see
flowers again. If it was my plant I would check the medium for rot and
consider leaving grow for a while in the current pot.

Good Growing,
Gene

"Shell91" wrote in message
. ..
The community pot is Dendrobium Ceaser Jac according to the tag I found
partially burried in the side.

Question: do I need to re-pot these or are they ok for now?

Shell

"Shell91" wrote in message
. ..
Well I went and did it. I went to Lowe's and they had a 4" dendrobium

which
did not have the fancy pot the rest had so it was half price and a 10"
community pot which had one bloom left (also half price) so I bought

them.
I noticed the community pot has at least 2 new plants coming up and

looks
very healthy to me. The 4" also looks healthy. I will post some

pictures
as soon as I get them uploaded from my camera. Any opinions and advice

is
welcome.

I figured I would just jump in with both feet

Shell