Old 11-09-2003, 02:32 PM
Stephen M. Henning

Default Snakes in the Garden

(paghat) wrote:

Some snakes can move their belly scales like little grippers & are damned
good climbers; some spend the majority of their lives in trees with bird
diets; others hunt rodents on cliff faces.

While hiking in Australia we were carefully watching for snakes since
the 10 most deadly snakes in the world are all from Australia. All was
fine until we saw a snake climbing a tree.

Size is not indication of toxicity. One of the most deadly snakes is
about the size of a night crawler earth worm. It is the eyelash viper.
We saw one of these while hiking in Costa Rica, right after we saw a
coral snake lying across the trail.

--
Pardon my spam deterrent; send email to

http://home.earthlink.net/~rhodyman