Old 11-09-2003, 02:32 PM
tony

Default Home winemaking and campden tablets

Hi,
Try this link:
http://www.winemakeri.com/informatio...ctionary_c.htm
It will tell you that all they are is sodium metabisulphate for
sterilising..do not use Milton liquid or similar used for babies bottles.
You should be able to get sod. met. at the chemists.
Tony
"Paul Richards" wrote in message
Any home-brewers out there?

We have just decided to have a go at making some homemade wine for the
first time. All the recipes we have found include the instructions
'add X campden tablets' and I dimly remember the same from when my
mother made the stuff 20+ years ago. The problem is, where do you
obtain these magical tablets? 'In the olden days' we would buy them
(and other related paraphernalia) from Boots but these days they've
never heard of the things. Can anyone suggest where we might look for
them? We live in SE London.

TIA

Sheila Richards