Old 11-09-2003, 04:23 PM
Victoria Clare

Default Lidl garden shredder

(Mark Fawcett) wrote in
om:

bigboard wrote in message

Mine's a Bosch 2000 and I can heartily recomend it. Quiet, efficient
and powerful. My garden's starting to look a bit bare as I'm gettting
strangely addicted to shredding!

I know that feeling, I have a Bosch 2000 as well and I find myself
considering coppicing some of the small trees along my boundary just
to provide material of the right size. Its some how so satisfying
feeding those branches in to it and getting loads of mulching material
out! Maybe I need a holiday.......

No - just more stuff to shred...

I have the same shredder as you, but I don't always get to use it - because
it's the one piece of garden equipment I get my husband to make serious use
of. :-)

Not just fun feeding stuff into it though - the result is fabulous as mulch
and for composting.

I always thought I was just crap at composting till I got the shredder. My
heaps never got really hot, and took AGES to break down and were always
full of twigs.

Now my heaps are simmering away. I finished a heap 2 weeks ago, and I
think I shall be able to use the stuff this autumn - it's SO HOT!

And gorgeously crumbly.