Old 11-09-2003, 06:02 PM
The Devil's Advocate

Default Back to the garden at last- Is it me?

trevor.appleton wrote:
: Finally getting back in the garden now its cooled down to get some
: work done. Hedges not cut yet.
:
: Is it just me that finds it too hot to work in the garden between
: June and late Auigust?
:
: This 'glorious summer' as many describe it was just something to get
: through, with days on end spent cowering in the shade or in the house.
:
: How anyone can think of moving to France I'll never know.
:
: Trevor
: East Yorkshire
:
: BTW we have superb sea breezes here in the late afternoon, and I
: think some previous recent summers have had hotter evenings here
:
:
: ---

I'm with you, it was far too hot and i am lapping up the cooler days and
evenings. It was a bit muggy today but we have a cool night forecast. I
don't not garden, it's a case of picking, watering and weeding/hoeing when
it's too hot. Autumn is the time to sort things out and I love it

Robert The Devil's Advocate www.pafc.co.uk