Old 11-09-2003, 09:13 PM
Janet Baraclough

Default Pernettya

The message
from "Janice" contains these words:

I have two pernettya; supposedly a male and female. However, since I
planted them 2 years ago, I haven't had a single berry. They each get a few
teeny insignificant flowers in spring. The plants are sited about 15 feet
away from each other, but I was told that would be okay as long as they're
within the same garden

I thought I'd move one so that they're directly next to each other, but
other than that does anyone have any advice?

In my last garden I planted several different-colour pernettyas, and a
male to fertilise them, all much closer together than yours in one big
mass.(There were no others for miles around). The male plant died very
young, but the widows didn't miss him at all, and fruited well without
him.

You might have accidentally bought two male plants. You could ask the
supplier to change one, and make sure the replacement has a good crop of
berries on.

Janet.